I write to you from the other side of childhood. Having come through the battlefield of growing up, I come to you with several findings on the results of being raised as a bookworm.
- A love of reading. There is no getting around this. When the only activity to occupy your time is reading a book, you learn to love it.
- An above average vocabulary. The more words you are exposed to, the more verbose you become.
- The ability to imagine other worlds. As you are exposed to other realms far beyond your world, you too will begin to imagine other places. Both real and fictional.
- A great deal of patience. Reading takes time. You will be exposed to hours that fly by, and an ability to sit still from your long term exposure to book reading.
- A propensity for an artistic career. No longer satisfied with completely mundane activities, you shall desire a more fulfilling life filled with art and creativity.
- A greater understanding of your fellow person. Books broaden your ability to empathize. Thus making you a more understanding person.
- A love of rainy days and warm beverages. These two lend themselves to reading.
These are the 7 basic effects I have observed from my time as a bookworm. Take this knowledge and proceed as you will.
A longterm bookworm